Friday 4 January 2008

At Janeinsane's place


Breakfast At Tiffany's, champagne, knitting and nailpolish at Janeinsane, Jan. 08

Ok, I have a confession to make. Today I saw the classic "Breakfast At Tiffany's" for the FIRST TIME! And how could I have missed it for so long?? It's such a great movie. Perhaps not the most intricate plot: An up-town call-girl hooks up with a writer/ up-town call-boy. But the outfits are fantastic. Very very chic up-town costumes. Very simple, but oh so great. The call-boy/writer had a preppy touch to his outfits with thin ties and patterned jackets. No wonder it is still famous for it's value in fashion. The up-town NYC-fashion in the early 1960's: WOW.



Audrey's sunglasses are so cool!


A turbanish headpiece together with a grey old college sweater! Phew!


Janeinsane did my nails for the occation. They actually matched one of Audrey's outfits in the film. A tad too much??


Nailpolish from MAC with the coolest name. It's called "Pick me up"! The watch is from Paul Frank, Orogami jewellery from H&M. Knitted square by Janeinsane!!


Janeinsane has always been the avant-garde! Here is a picture of her early Valentine's card. What can I say?


I got a really NICE scarf from Janeinsane. Edel's Daughter her pieces are called. I love the colour. The T-shirt-cardigan is from Acne Jeans.


Wool needs to be taken care of! Hehe!



Champagne and chocolates to the movie.


One of Jane's smaller rocks. She got this one from one of her many fans.


All of Jane's wool, in one basket! We thought there would be more. Live and learn!!


Last but not least: Janeinsane's pill-pouch by Marc Jacobs. FLASH!

2 comments:

cæm said...

du lurte på hvorfor miloen sto på vasken? janeinsane tar sikkert en slurk hver gang hun speiler seg.

Jonas said...

Why didn't I think that earlier my darling Cæm?