Thursday 10 June 2010

Black Tie

Being invited to something as big as a ballet performance in honour of the Norwegian majesties (on a Wednesday of all days) by command of Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands can turn on the dressing-up-urge in each and everyone of us. I knew I was going, but this urge I'm writing about didn't start until the day before the performance when I stood with the invitation in my hand. I was thinking of pulling of my Batlak og Selvig and Balenciaga combinations, but there was of course a dress code ... For men it said black tie/dark suit or national costume. I don't have any of these (no not even have a black suit - haven't found the perfect Dior Homme yet ...) and could feel the panic start to rise as it was in the middle of the afternoon. Luckily I was saved by my darling friend Silje working for the man who does proper English tailoring with a twist the best in the whole of Scandinavia - T Michael of course! I ran down to his boutique in Kirkegata in Oslo where the most beautiful tuxedo I have ever seen hang waiting for me!
-
I combined the luxurios tuxedo with my grandfathers shirt, my dad's bow tie, some fantastic cufflinks made of swarofsky crystals by Keyna Aranguren and my vintage YSL boots (which I think are designed by Christian Louboutin!).
-
The two ballets (choreographed by Jyry Kylián and Alexander Ekman) were fantastic and the dancers from NDT II beautiful.






No comments: